Various kinds of culinary are favored by various circles. Culinary originating from animals is oxtail soup. So many Indonesian people like this food to be available in various restaurants.
Foods that come from animals are easy to cook because they have to use the right technique so that the texture of the meat is perfect. Although there are many people who like oxtail soup there are also many people who do not know how to cook it.
For those of you who want to eat oxtail soup but don't know how to cook it, there's no need to leave the house to buy this one dish. Because you can make it at home with the following ingredients and methods.
- 1 kg oxtail, cut into pieces & wash clean.
- 2 carrots cut into pieces
- 2 large potatoes, diced rather large
- 1 spring onion (coarsely chopped)
- 2 stalks of celery, tied
- 2 celery stalks, roughly chopped for sprinkling
- 1 large tomato, chopped.
- 1 flower
- 2 cloves
- 1 cm cinnamon
- 2 tbsp butter for frying
- Powdered beef broth
- Salt & sugar
- 1.5 liters of water to taste
- 7 red onions
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 nutmeg
- 1/2 tablespoon peppercorns
- Fried onions, chili sauce & lime
How to make:
1. Boil 1.5 liters of water in a saucepan, add the oxtail, boil the oxtail over medium heat, remove any floating dirt. Then enter the celery tie, cook until the tail is tender.
2. Saute ground spices with margarine until fragrant, add cinnamon, star anise, and cloves.
3. Stir until the spices are cooked, remove and then pour the spices into the oxtail stew. Add potatoes, carrots, season with salt, sugar, and ground beef stock (if you like).
3. Just before serving, add the scallions and tomatoes. Taste correction. When it is right, turn off the fire.
4. Serving: pour the oxtail soup in a serving bowl, sprinkle with celery and fried onions, serve with accompaniments.