Fish are animals that have good content for growth. In addition to fried fish can also be processed into a variety of delicious foods. Fish cooked with various spices has turned out to be one of the favorite foods of the Sundanese people. Sundanese cuisine itself usually combines a variety of selected spices so that the taste is unique and unique.
This food can be found in various dining places to luxury restaurants. With the spices that seep into the fish meat and added with warm rice, it will make your lunch delicious.
Therefore, it is not surprising that many Indonesian people, especially those on the island of Java, like processed fish on this one. Pepes fish are usually served wrapped in banana leaves and make the fish meat taste delicious, tender, and fragrant when it reaches the mouth.
Although this food can be found in various places to eat. You can try it at home to make a delicious fish paste with spices that seep into the fish bones.
Here are the ingredients for making fish paste:
1. 2 goldfish (1 kg)
2. 10 pieces of red chili
3. 1 lime
4. Tomatoes 2 pieces
5. Salt 1 tsp
6. Lemongrass 6 sticks
7. Basil leaves
8. 2 spring onions
9. 8 pieces of bay leaf
10. Cooking oil to taste
11. Banana leaves
Here are the spices for the fish paste:
1. Shallots 10 grains
2. Garlic 2 cloves
3. Candlenut (roasted) 5 grains
4. Turmeric (burned) 1 segment
5. Ginger 1 segment
6. Galangal 1 segment
7. Salt 1 tsp
8. Sugar 1 tsp
Steps How to Make Pepes:
1. Prepare the fish, remove the scales first and the inside of the stomach. Cut the fish into 2 parts but don't break it. Wash the fish thoroughly with running water.
2. Give some strokes on the body of the fish. Sprinkle with lime juice and salt. Let it seep
3. Saute the spices with oil until fragrant.
4. Put the fish into the stir fry seasoning.
5. Take a banana leaf. Arrange the fish with the inner leaves, lemongrass, cayenne, tomatoes, basil, and scallions. Put all the remaining stir-fried spices on it. Wrap it neatly, securing both ends with toothpicks.
6. Steam the peppers over medium heat for 1 hour 30 minutes. Lift.
7. Heat a flat pan and bake the pepes for about 10 minutes, while turning until the banana leaves are dry. Lift.
8. Ready to serve.