There is a lot of processed chicken meat, maybe even chicken meat can be processed into various unique foods. Until now, chicken meat is still a favorite food.
One of the processed chickens on this one is Pepes Chicken Basil. This food can be served at any time and can also be one of the menus at the celebration. Served as a daily meal, this food is also suitable for its luxurious taste and simple way of making it.
This food can be found in various places to eat. But, you can also try to make it at home with the following ingredients and steps:
- 8 pieces of chicken
- 8 bay leaves
- 2 bunches of basil, pick the leaves
- 4 lime leaves
- 8 whole bird's eye chilies
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 2 thumbs of galangal, sliced
- 2 lemongrass stalks, sliced
- salt, sugar
- 1 lime
- enough banana leaves
- stick a stick to taste
- 8 red onions
- 4 garlic
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp pepper powder
- 5 candlenuts
- a thumb of ginger
How to make:
1. Saute ground spices until fragrant and cooked. Season with salt and sugar, mix well. Add chicken stir until well blended.
2. Then add enough water and cook until the water shrinks, set aside.
3. Arrange the bay leaf, 1 slice of galangal, 2 slices of lemongrass, a piece of lime leaf, 2 cayenne pepper, 1 piece of chicken along with a little seasoning. Then add the basil leaves and scallions to taste on a piece of banana leaf.
4. Wrap and then stab with a stick on both sides of the banana leaf. Do this step until the chicken runs out.
5. Steam the chicken using a pressure cooker for 30-40 minutes over medium heat.
6. Then roast the chicken pepes on Teflon until it smells brown on both sides, serve./put