Delicious culinary with processed meat, namely tongseng goat. Most Indonesian people like this food. Usually, this food is served when there is a certain event. However, now you can make it at home without having to wait for the event to arrive.
This food is quite difficult to process because it is made from goat meat. No wonder goat meat is difficult to process because it has a different scent, unlike beef or buffalo.
There are many ways to process goat meat so it doesn't smell bad when it's ready to be served. Including when making tongseng goats you need a way to reduce or eliminate the smell of goat.
If you are curious about how to make a soft and odorless goat tongseng. Check out the following recipe.
- 500 grams of mutton, boil briefly and remove the dirt
- 1 lemongrass stalk, crushed
- 1 tomato, cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/3 tsp flavoring
- 2 lime leaves
- 2 Bay leaf
- 8 pieces of cabbage, sliced
- Enough water
- Chili according to taste
- Brown sugar to taste
- Sweet soy sauce to taste
- Galangal, geprek
- Cooking oil
- 2 cm ginger
- 4 cloves garlic
- 5 red onions
Baca juga: These are 5 Unique Traditions Only in Bali
How to make:
1. Heat the oil and fry the ground spices along with galangal, lemongrass, bay leaf, and lime leaves until fragrant.
2. Add water and meat.
3. Add pepper, salt, seasoning, brown sugar, cook until the meat is really tender.
4. When the gravy is thick, add the cabbage and sweet soy sauce.
5. Add tomatoes and chilies, cook until wilted.
6. Correct the taste and add seasoning if less. Lift and serve.