The food that many people talk about. Popular food among the people. Geprek chicken, food that is processed from chicken meat covered with crispy flour.
This food is fried chicken which is added with chili sauce and now the geprek chicken has several variants. One of them is Geprek Crispy Mozzarella, geprek chicken with the addition of melted mozzarella cheese on top.
Baca juga: These are 5 Unique Traditions Only in Bali
Usually, chicken geprek is served with impromptu sambal and topped with vegetables such as cucumber, but this time the creations are different and the recipe is different. Crispy Mozzarella Geprek Chicken, here's the recipe for how to make it
- 1/2 kg chicken breast, cut into 8 parts
- 1 lime
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp paprika powder
- 200 gr crispy flour
- 200 gr chakra flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- 250 ml ice water
- enough cooking oil
- geprek chicken chili
- 1 clove of garlic
- 7-10 cayenne pepper
- 1 cm galangal
- to taste salt, sugar, and powdered broth
- a pinch of mozzarella cheese
Baca juga: Food Recipes, Jukut Urab Balinese Food
How to cook:
- Wash the chicken, then coat it with lime and then, marinate with the finely chopped onion, salt, pepper, and paprika powder. Leave it for about 3 hours in the fridge
- Mix all dry ingredients, crispy flour, chakra, baking soda. Take 1/4 of the dry ingredients and add it to the marinated chicken and let it sit, then add the beaten eggs and ice water.
After that roll, it into the rest of the dry ingredients while kneading then slash it so that the results are crispy
- Heat the oil until it's hot, then reduce the heat to the lowest heat, then add the fried chicken until golden yellow and cooked
- While frying the chicken, make the sambal, puree the cayenne pepper, galangal and garlic, add salt, sugar. and powdered broth. Taste test then flushes with hot oil.
- Then geprek chicken mix well with the chili sauce.
- Preheat the oven, then transfer the geprek chicken to a baking sheet sprinkled with grated mozzarella cheese, bake until the cheese melts.