In addition to its global tourist destinations, Bali has a variety of traditional foods. This typical food from Bali has many flavors from sweet, savory, to spicy.
One of the famous foods originating from Bali is Balinese spiced chicken. For those of you who are culinary lovers of the archipelago, you must try this food. Because most Balinese food contains rich spices.
But don't worry if you can't visit Bali, it's not necessarily that you can't taste the dishes there. Now you can make it at home with the following ingredients and methods.
- 1 chicken, cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 tablespoons of oil for frying
- 700 ml of water
- 1 tomato
- 1 teaspoon of shrimp paste, burned
- 10 red onions
- 4 cloves garlic
- 6 large red chilies
- 8 curly red chilies
How to make:
1. Heat the oil.
2. Enter the ground spices and bay leaf, stir-fry until fragrant.
3. Enter the chicken and stir until it changes color.
4. Add salt, sugar, and pepper. Stir well.
5. Add water.
6. Cook until cooked and the spices are absorbed.
7. Balinese seasoned chicken is ready to be served.